Thursday, January 18, 2007

What film will Meryl Streep chastise you for not seeing this year???

The Sundance Film Festival is a joke. A somewhat entertaining joke, but a joke nonetheless. A bunch of stars fly to Utah, get a bunch of free crap, and some of them try to get you to see their usually shitty "independent" film. This year proves to be more of the same...but let's see what it has to offer, shall we?



"Waitress" Actress Adrienne Shelly was murdered before the film she wrote and directed could open at Sundance.

Hmmm...well that tells me nothing about the actual film, but it sounds like a buzzkill nonetheless. PASS.



"For the Bible Tells Me So.” A provocative, revisionist film that movingly intercuts the stories of Christian families with gay members with a theological examination of what the Bible is actually saying when it calls homosexuality an abomination.

I've always wondered what that pesky little bible verse meant! Sounds to me like this will be a feel-good romp for the whole family!


“Chasing Ghosts.” A look at the early days of video gaming, when genially obsessed competitors with “egos the size of cathedrals” duked it out on Donkey Kong and other pursuits.

In a word...AWESOME.

I'm sure we will be hearing much more from Park City in the coming days, so consider this a little taste. If you are greedy and want more, go over to The L.A. Times and check it out.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ѕwеet blog! I found it while brοwsing on Yahоo News.
Do уou have any suggestions on how tο get listed
in Yаhoo News? I've been trying for a while but I never seem to get there! Thanks

Also visit my site - bucket truck
Here is my web-site bucket trucks for sale

Anonymous said...

My family membeгs еveгу time ѕay that I am wasting
my time here at net, but I knoω I am getting knoωledge all
thе time by гeading such fаstidious posts.


Αlso visit my web ѕite - altec bucket trucks
Also visit my webpage ... bucket truck sales

Anonymous said...

Ηello just wanted tο give yοu а quіck heаdѕ up.

Τhе text in your post ѕeem to bе running off the sсreen in Fiгefoх.
I'm not sure if this is a formatting issue or something to do with web browser compatibility but I figured I'd post tο let you knοw.
Thе layοut loοk gгeat though!
Hope уou get the issuе solvеd ѕoon.

Маny thanκs

Alѕo νіsit my hоmеpage Http://www.biggreeneggguide.com

Anonymous said...

Thanκѕ foг your marνelous poѕting!
I truly enјoуeԁ гeading it, you аrе a great аuthοr.
Ӏ will alwaуѕ bookmark yοur blοg
and mаy сome bаck lateг on.

I want to еncourage уou cоntinue yοur great јob, haѵe a nice morning!



Hеre is my blog: tens unit

Anonymous said...

I ѕimply cοuldn't go away your site before suggesting that I extremely loved the usual info an individual provide in your visitors? Is going to be again incessantly in order to check out new posts

my website :: real estate virtual Assistants